March 25th, 2014
We are pleased to announce the major release of Canoo RIA-Suite 2014. You can start the download of the latest version by visiting the Canoo RIA-Suite website. There you also find detailed information about our products, services, support and demos.
Please see the release notes for new features and bug fixes in this new release.
The Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 license enables you to use ULC Core, ULC Chart, ULC PortalIntegration, ULC FxBrowser, ULC OpenDolphin and ULC ServerPush. ULC Core license holders can upgrade to RIA-Suite 2014 license.
The Canoo RIA-Suite-Business 2014 license enables you to use ULC Graph and ULC OfficeIntegration. ULC Graph or ULC Office license holders can upgrade to RIA-Suite-Business 2014 license.
- To upgrade your license please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ULCWebIntegration feature is now supported by ULCFxBrowser based on JavaFx WebView. ULCWebIntegration based on JxBrowser has been discontinued. Please use com.ulcjava.ext.fxbrowser.server.ULCFxBrowser class in place of com.ulcjava.ext.webintegration.server.ULCBrowser. ULC WebIntegration license holders can upgrade to RIA-Suite 2014 license.
- ULC TablePlus based on JideTable is no longer bundled with release. It is available to existing license holders from Canoo’s Nexus repository. ULC TablePlus license holders can upgrade to RIA-Suite 2014 license.
In case you have any questions please contact email@example.com for more details.
Canoo RIA-Suite team
March 13th, 2014
The OpenDolphin project has released version 0.9.
The inclusion of the web client OpenDolphin.js allows to share the same OpenDolphin application on desktop and web, including mobile web.
OpenDolphin on many devices
The push capability has been moved from the demos into the OpenDolphin core and is now an official feature with a simple API, standard behavior, and – as always – the option the replace the default implementation with your preferred technology.
Both OpenDolphin.js and the push capability in combination with the existing OpenDolphin features allow for new interesting use cases many of which are show-cased in this release:
- multi-device applications where the same application runs on many devices
- re-connect to an application exactly where you left off even after a longer offline period
- follow-me applications where you start your work on one device – let’s says on the road with a smartphone or a tablet – and complete your work in the office with a desktop application for longer text entries
- team-applications where a whole team works collaboratively and everybody immediately sees all contributions from all other team members, avoiding double-work and conflicts, and mutually completing, correcting, and helping with each other’s work
- point-of-sale solutions where personnel shares a limited set of workstations, freely moving between them and always having their latest context available
- application integration where you combine the strength of different view technologies, say JavaFX for the layout and web technology for charting, into an integrated OpenDolphin application.
Furthermore, a number of performance enhancements and consistency checks have been included.
Please find the full list of changes in the release notes and check out the latest demos.
March 6th, 2014
As of yesterday, Canoo Find-it Similar is in use at the news portal nzz.ch by Neuen Zürcher Zeitung (NZZ).
NZZ online articles are now presented with up to four links to articles with related content (in the section “Mehr zum Thema” at the bottom of the article body), as in this example.
By means of an elaborate semantic analysis of the articles’ content, Find-it is able to generate these article links automatically. In addition, it is possible for the NZZ editors to add article links manually, as needed.